Sunday, March 29, 2009

Up in the Clouds

As most of you already know, I LOVE to fly. Take-off is my favorite part of flying because it's so strange and fantastic to be up in the air.

Today, I got to realize a dream - flying an airplane. I did an introductory flight lesson with my instructor Kurt, who did 98% of the actual flying. But at least I got to be in the cockpit, looking around at the world above. It was unusually cloudy for LA so we flew into the clouds and stayed at around 4,000 - 5,000 feet. We didn't see much of scenic LA, but I was truly happy to just be up in the air, pretending to pilot a plane. Wow. Really, really amazing.

This was a great birthday gift from mom, John, and Gareth. I'll never forget it!... And yes, that's a booster seat. : )

"This is Alpha Foxtrot 3-29..."






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home